"Nighttime Cherry Blossom Viewing" at the National Treasure Matsumoto Castle
- DateFor 8 days starting on the third day after an announcement by the management office that cherry blossom season has begun.
- Time5:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
- PlaceMatsumoto Castle Honmaru Garden
- AdmissionFree admisson to the interior garden in the evening during the festival. (However, it is not possible to climb in the tower.)
- DetailsThe castle tower and the interior garden will be light up.
Performances of gagaku (Japanese classical music) with three instruments (sou, shakuhachi), and the flute, will be held in Tsukimi-yagura. Tea ceremony seats will be set in Honmaru Garden and there will be stalls of hanami dango (sweet rice dumplings) and the permanent shop too. Please come and see the festival.
"Corridor of the Light" - a row of cherry trees at Matusumoto Castle
- DateFor 10 days starting on the third day after an announcement by the management office that cherry blossom season has begun.
*Sun Thur 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., Fri. & Sat. 6:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- PlaceThe row of cherry trees at the outer moat of Matsumoto Castle, etc.
- Host"Light up business" executive committee
(The date and details may be changed or cancelled.)
- RemarksCherry blossoms are the most cherished and beloved flowers in Japan.Please refrain from touching the branches of Sakura trees.
National Treasure Matsumoto Castle Matsumoto Domain Old-fashioned Gunnery Exercises
- DetailsArquebus firing is performed based on the idea of the Matsumoto Castle Akabane Gun Collection Association that to hand down histories correctly to posterity, we want as meny as people to see and touch arquebuses to know.