Come, Look, and Learn about Matsumoto Castle
In order to enrich the “capital of study” which our ancestors built, as motivation for all citizens to study independently, a workshop to learn about Matsumoto Castle is provided.
The History of Matsumoto Castle, a workshop for children on summer vacation
Early in August, Matsumoto Castle management office research specialists talk about the history and the construction of Matsumoto Castle. Also, the History of Matsumoto Castle Workshop, for children on summer vacation, for children and parents, is held.
If you say, “I would like to know more about castle towns!” or “I would like to do research about Matsumoto Castle for independent summer study for school!” this workshop is perfect for you.
- Target30 elementary school students, with parents
- DateAugust 4th (Sat.)
- Time9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (meet at 8:30)
- Meeting spotMatsumoto Castle Taiko-mon Gate (Western gate from the City Hall)
- DetailsWalk around Matsumoto Castle and its castle town.
We will let you know the course as soon as it is decided.
- What to bringa water flask, a hat, a towel, a notebook, a pen, and an umbrella (if needed)
- OthersPlease register by phone or FAX by the day before the workshop.On the day, it is anticipated that the parking lots around the castle may be crowded; therefore, please use public transportation.
The 22nd Matsumoto Castle Gunnery Storehouse Excursion
In the Matsumoto Castle Gunnery Storehouse Excursion, you can listen to the history of firelock guns and how to fire them. You can see, touch, and learn about them, and also see the Matsumoto Castle gunnery storehouse exhibition on the second floor of the castle tower.
- TargetAdults (elementary students must be accompanied with parents)
- DateSeptember 8th (Sat.)
- Time2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (entry from 1:30 p.m.)
- Meeting spotBelow Taiko-mon Gate tower
- InstructorMatsumoto Gunnery Storehouse Akabane Collection Association member, Matsumoto Castle Gunnery leader, Matsumoto Castle research specialist
- OthersPlease apply by phone or FAX by the day before the activity.There is no parking lot for visitors; therefore, please use public tranportation.
Polishing the Floor of the Tenshu
As Matsumoto Castle is a symbol of Matsumoto City, and also an important cultural property, a national treasure, 30 minutes will be spent polishing the floor and there will be 30 minutes of discussion about its history, to pass on the importance of protecting Matsumoto Castle.
- DateMay 9th (Wed.), 23rd (Wed.), 26th (Sat.), June 6th (Wed.), 20th (Wed.), 23rd (Sat.), July 11th (Wed.), September, 12th (Wed.)
- Time5:00 p.m. – around 6:10 p.m.
- Meeting spotThe castle tower entrance
- What to bringcotton work gloves
- DateApril 14th (Sat.), May 12th (Sat.), June 9th (Sat.), July 14th (Sat.), September 8th (Sat.)
- Time7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- Meeting spotIn front of Kuromon Gate (meet at around 6:45)
- What to bringcotton work gloves
*Please register by the day before the activity. Walnuts are used in the polish. Please be cautious if you are allergic.There is no parking lot for visitors; therefore, please use public tranportation.
National Treasure Matsumoto Castle Seven Mysteries Exploration Tour for parent and child
“Make National Treasure Matsumoto Castle One of the World Heritages” promotion executive committee holds an exploration tour which lets parent and child explore the castle and answer questions about it.
- TargetElementary school children and parents
- DateNot yet decided. (Normally, it is held 2 times in October or on Saturdays in November. We will inform you as soon as it is decided.)
- Time9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Meeting spotBelow Taiko-mon Gate tower (gather by 8:50 a.m.)
- Capacity15 pairs
Matsumoto Castle management office
1-4, marunouchi, Matsumoto, Nagano Tel. 0263-32-2902 Fax. 0263-32-2904 Postal code. 390-0873